“One of those days”

Clearly this is a phrase you have not only heard many times but undoubtedly spoken it yourself after a tough and crazy day. Well, today was “One of those days” for me and I wasn’t even on my bike.

As you may or may not know we are in the process of selling our house. Realtors have been very busy with showing it to several potential buyers. Today we had two viewings and we are awaiting the word on how they went.

But as part of the viewing by these potential buyers, Georgie and I and the dogs had to leave the house for an hour or so. Today we had two viewers– one arriving right after the other. So I was committed to be out of the house with our two dogs for at least 2.5 to 3 hours.

When the time came for us to leave the house, I really had nothing planned. Georgie, on the other hand, had a luncheon and dog training to attend in Asheville. So with nothing on the agenda, I loaded the car with Levi and Quincy and headed to Hendersonville. On the way to “no where” I decided to take the dogs to the local dog park where they could run free with other dogs in a fenced in area. Georgie told me that this was probably not a good idea because with all the rain we had the ground would surely be wet and muddy. Of course, Georgie is always right and the ground was wet and muddy. But what the heck, let the dogs play. I’ll clean their feet and the car later.

After a fun time for the dogs at the park, I was hungry and so I stopped at Two Guys, which was just down the road from the park. It was also owned by a friend of mine so it was the best choice. After I got my sandwich to go, we headed to another park (Jackson Park) which was on the way home. I was looking for a quiet place to eat and look at the beautiful day we were having. I parked overlooking the baseball fields at this Park.

All was going well until I discovered that I couldn’t find my glasses case that had my sunglasses, that I took out but now had my reading glasses. Bummer! I looked all over the car. In the front seats and under them. In the back where the dogs were, hoping they hadn’t eaten them. NO GLASSES!

So I headed home hoping for a miracle to happen on the way. When I got back to our house the realtor and viewers were still there, so I drove down to the Kenmure Club House Parking Lot and parked. I was there for about 25 minutes hoping to see the realtor’s car come down the hill. While waiting I rolled down the driver’s side window. When I tried to roll it back up it wouldn’t move. THE BATTERY HAD GONE DEAD! What to do?? I called one of my neighbors, Larry Rostetter, and asked him if he could bring some jumper cables to me so I could get the car started. He said he’d be there in 10 minutes. And he was along with his neighbor, Andy Scott. Andy attached the cables to the battery and fired up his car. Mine started immediately once I turned the ignition on. ONE OF THOSE DAYS!

I then headed home and found the Realtor and Viewers were gone. I let the dogs in and they were happy to be home. I too, was happy to be home where I could relax and not worry about bad things happening.

Now if you think I’m going to end this with some bad things happening at home you are WRONG. I had a pleasant end to “ONE OF THOSE DAYS!”

Yes! Even a day like this is an adventure.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *